Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Butterflies under glass is what I like.


Most people who have been to my place may of noticed the collection of butterflies I have hanging on my walls. And I really would love to buy some more when I have the time and money. I really like butterflies, moths, beetles, scorpions and stick insects. Not to fond of spiders though. Butterflies are an all time favorite and I want them all. I like the jeweled beetle family as well. Basically anything that is pretty and/or shiny and is an insect I want it mounted on a pin and framed then hanged on my wall.

Bits and Bugs is an Australian website so they can deliver to me! I'm keeping an eye out for more Australian based companies as well for more of a selection and cheaper prices. If you find any people comment me a link!

Butterfly Utopia also has some great buys but it located outside of Australia. Fortunately they have a company you can use to get the bought butterflies sent to an American address and have the paperwork filled out to be sent over seas. They have an awesome bargain page (page 9) where single framed butterflies can be as cheap as $18 a pop!

I like my insects in wooden frames, preferably black. And if there is more than one insect, I like then in neat little rows, none of the random pattern stuff. And having them labeled is a nice bonus, but not necessary. Here are a few of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment